Santa Ana High School Dedicates a Mural to Army Veterans

Kevin Pena, Reporter

(Photography by Valerie Solis)

Santa Ana High School students painted a mural, alongside the wall next to the NJROTC classroom. This mural was created to pay tribute to veterans who risk their lives so that we can walk with freedom.

It is 37 feet long and 7 feet high, depicting soldiers from the Revolutionary War, World War I, and World War II. It also shows a waving, vibrant American Flag to show pride. The art is of remembrance.

Tom Osseck Jr., a naval science instructor who works in SAHS wanted to have this mural and with the school board’s approval, students got their painting on. “Not only does this simply beautify the campus, but it is also a perfect tribute,” said Osseck. (https://www.ocregister.com)

It was getting painted in early March and soon got done in mid-October, 2016 in time to show pride to veterans. If you plan on seeing it yourself, you should expect a very large and wide wall, covered in white and red along with soldiers in combat.

Santa Ana High school is full of beautiful murals, the biggest one being in the entrance, displaying Hispanic culture and arts. The veterans mural is the most meaningful in all, giving thanks to the people that served for the country to give everybody in America no matter the color, ethnicity or race the freedom that defines our country.