Jobs With A Journalism Major

Alma Valdez, Contributor

People who are passionate about literature and get a major there can become a writer, editor, reporter and other things. People who have an art major can become artists, dancers, interior designers and many other things that spark joy in them. These are majors that a lot of people have and are well known, but what about the majors that don’t necessarily get the spotlight like a journalism major. Even though you can get many interesting and important jobs from a journalism major , for instance a Public Relations Manager is a job you can get from a journalism major. 

Of course when it comes to getting a job you want to know what you will be paid yearly .Income wise when you take the job of a Public Relations Manager, yearly income goes around to highest being $145,500 and lowest being $24,500. Across the United States of America in the “range between $52,500 (25th percentile) to $89,000 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $112,000 annually” – Zip Recruiter .  Being a PR is one of the highest paid jobs there are when it comes to having a major in journalism. 

WIth all jobs there are responsibilities in order to keep your job, that’s no different when you are a Public Relations Manager. When you are a PR your responsibilities consist of making and maintaining an appealing image to their client. When you are doing this you need to communicate programs, accomplishments and points of view. Some other responsibilities are “fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits and organizing press conferences.” – Paladin . Some people are better suited for different positions and being a Public Relations Manager might seem scary and stressful for a few people some other people find this position to be interesting and it suits them.

When you are applying to a certain job you need to have skills in order to get the job of your choice. Being a Public Relations Manager you need to be able to have charismatic “skills such as communication, research and the ability to identify trends in public opinion.”- Indeed . Being able to be persuasive is important to have this job. If you are interested in becoming a Public Relations Manager you need to have these set of skills, skills are built and take time but with practice you can end up doing it.

All jobs have benefits ,being a PR is also beneficial. Some benefits include having many job options, a promising job outlook, career flexibility, an exciting and risky career, and becoming a communicating expert. – Students.org . Every job has things to gain from when you go up the ladder in your career you are also growing as a person, every step of the way.