The Generator

Santa Ana High School Student Publication

The Generator

The Generator

Choir begins new year with ‘Coffee House Performance’

13 performances took place Wednesday in SAHS’s little theater
Bella+Wilson+during+Wednesdays+Choir+Coffee+Shop+Performance++
Photo by Rachel Navarro
Bella Wilson during Wednesday’s ‘Choir Coffee Shop Performance’

Santa Ana High’s choir program had its first show of the year Wednesday afternoon when it hosted “The Choir Coffee House Performance” in the little theater.  

Ms. Navarro, the choir teacher, said the event gave students more opportunities to sing. The students had been preparing for weeks and had to audition and be picked to be in the performance. 

There were 13 performances. Some of the music that they sang included musical theater, pop, and indie genres.  

The grandparents of Amy Medel were really excited to be there watching her perform her song because they would hear her practicing while they were home. “I am here to support Amy but I know everyone else’s performances will be amazing as well.”

Senior Jesus Ruiz performed three times, including two duets with other choir members. “I was pretty nervous at first but then I got through it, it was pretty fun,” he said. He mentioned he is also looking forward to the rest of the concerts and a lot of the other performances yet to come. 

The songs he performed were “Everybody Loves Someone” by Dean Martin, “City of Stars” from La La Land, and “You’re nothing without me” from City of Angels.  

The audience was entertained and excited by all the performances and was cheering and applauding. 

At the end of the event coffee and snacks were sold. The next performance, ‘The Cabaret Night Choir Concert,’ will be Wednesday, October 18. 

Follow us on IG @sahsgenerator