The Generator

Santa Ana High School Student Publication

The Generator

The Generator

New health science building at SAC opens doors to students

SAHS+students%C2%A0explored%C2%A0the%C2%A0new%C2%A0Health%C2%A0Science%C2%A0building%C2%A0at%C2%A0SAC+just+one+day+after+its+January+10+opening.+
Photo by Juanita Soriano
SAHS students explored the new Health Science building at SAC just one day after its January 10 opening.

The new Health Science building at Santa Ana College opened its doors to the public January 10. This state-of-the-art facility will offer courses in Nursing, Medical Assisting, Occupational Studies, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, and EMT. 

Students will benefit from the latest technology and equipment, ensuring they receive the best education possible. The opening of this building will offer those interested in the health field so many resources. 

The very next day, the students of Santa Ana High School were given the opportunity to visit the new building at SAC and take a guided tour. The tour was extensive and covered every floor of the building. The facilities were impressive and included a fully-equipped ambulance rig, a hands-on room with simulated patients, and two private rooms for more intimate consultations.

Professors teaching the classes engaged students in discussions and answered their questions about the labs and coursework. The students were able to learn firsthand about what goes on in the classroom and beyond. If they were interested in knowing more they were able to stay and talk one-on-one. 

For seniors and juniors interested in the medical field this new building has opened up so many new opportunities. They will be able to apply to the program they wish to and obtain a certificate they need, to pursue their desired future career. Before applying, students will have to complete prerequisites. 

“This field trip allowed seniors and juniors to see that you can join the medical field from a community college and be successful” college and career counselor Ms. Morones said. 

Any questions about applying to Santa Ana College or other higher education questions can be directed to Ms. Morones. 

Follow us on IG @sahsgenerator